Friday, August 20, 2010

Indial Football League to start from November

I-League
I-League 2010-2011 will start after the Asian Games in November. A total of fourteen teams will be competing for the I-league, the top tier football league in the country. Each team will play a total number of twenty six matches on home and away basis.
Last season, Dempo SC won the title with a total of 54 points while Churchill Brothers finished second with 43 points. The Federation Cup and all the A-Category tournament will be held before the start of I-league.
The fourteen teams playing in I-league this season are:
Dempo SC,Churchill Brothers,Pune FC, Mohun Bagan, Chirag United, Salgaocar SC, Kingfisher East Bengal, JCT Phagwara, Air India, Viva Kerala , Mumbai FC , ONGC , HAL and India U-19 Development Team, who will replace Mahindra United.
This season, All India Football Federation (AIFF) has decided to allow clubs to register four foreign players and only three to play in the playing eleven across all tournaments including the I-League (Division One and Two), Federation Cup, All India Tournaments and the Local Leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment