Thursday, September 9, 2010

Japan Shot Stopper Seigo Narazaki Retires From International Football

Seigo-Narazaki
Japanese shot stopper Seigo Narazaki has announced his decision to retire from international football with immediate effect. The 34-year-old ended his international career with a 2-1 friendly win over Guatemala on Tuesday evening.

"I asked the technical director of the Japanese FA to exclude me from the squad list. He expressed his understanding with respect. I have been thinking about this since the end of the World Cup," explained Narazaki, as reported by fifa.com.

"Everybody tells me that I should carry on but I have made up my mind. Nagoya manager Dragan Stojkovic understood my decision.

"The period of my service was long but the number of matches I played was smaller. I remember many of them. I have experienced many things with the national team, including four World Cups, since I was 20 years old. I am happy about that. I would like to pay that back from now on."

Narazaki earned his 77th cap in last night's victory and made it to four different World Cups - 1998, 2002, 2006 and 2010 - after making his debut in February 1998 against Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment